Connect with us

Published

on

Igwebuike is said to have committed the assault after he managed to build a trusting relationship with the boys with promises of furthering their football careers and providing them with football opportunities.

 

A 35-year-old self-appointed Nigerian football coach has been sentenced to 15 years imprisonment after he was found guilty of s3xually assaulting seven teenage boys.

 

35-year-old Emmanuel Igwebuike was also given a lifelong s3xual harm prevention order and will also be on the S3x Offenders Register for life.

 

The Inner London Crown Court sentenced him after the same court found him guilty in April of 22 counts of s3xual assault following a five-week trial.

 

His victims who were aged between 14 and 18 years at the time the offences were committed between June 2019 and April 2021. The s3xual assaults were said to have taken place at his former addresses in Lambeth and Putney, as well as at a hotel in Birmingham.

 

Several allegations naming Igwebuike were made to the police on June 15, 2021, 15 days before he was arrested by officers from the complex investigation team and the central specialist crime command.

 

According to the Metropolitan Police, Igwebuike was at the time acting in a self-appointed role as a football coach in his own football academy based in the Stockwell and Putney areas of South London.

 

Igwebuike, who was not affiliated to the English Football Association (FA) or any local football club, is said to have committed the assault after he managed to build a trusting relationship with the boys with promises of furthering their football careers and providing them with football opportunities.

 

Police said that at the time of the offences being committed, none of the boys knew of abuse to the others and thought they were the only ones being s3xually assaulted.

 

Although he was charged with assaulting seven boys, police said that at the time allegations were made, the names of other potential victims and witnesses to Igwebuike’s crimes were mentioned. Police are now urging anyone else who was a victim to come forward.

 

Detective Constable Elaine Hutton, from the Met’s specialist crime command, said:

 

‘These offences committed by Igwebuike are of an extremely serious nature. They have had a significant impact on the life of the young victims and especially their families who trusted him and were subject to his manipulation.

 

‘I would like to thank them all for their bravery during this investigation.

 

‘We are keen to establish whether there are other victims of Igwebuike who have yet to come forward. Anyone who believes they were a victim of Igwebuike is asked to contact police.’

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Zenith Bank Refunds N3.23m To Angry Customer Chiamaka Agim

Published

on

A leading Nigerian commercial bank, Zenith Bank has returned N3.23 million to Chiamaka Agim, a Lagos State resident whose N4.039 million was erroneously deducted on January 9.

 

According to reports, Zenith Bank had previously informed Agim that she would only receive N800,500 of the N4,039,900 that had been debited.

 

But on Monday, January 16, in the evening, the bank sent back N3,239,400.

 

Recently, the Zenith Bank client shared a post about the refund on her Twitter page.

 

 

Agim reported that on that Monday, the bank contacted her to provide an update on the refunded money.

 

“After the event, they had to put my account on pause, so I didn’t get any alerts,” the user said. I was told to visit the bank the next day,” she recalled.

 

“They had credited my account with N3,239,400 around 7.30 pm on Monday,” the customer said. “My account statement was printed when I got to the bank.”

 

She claimed to have discovered that Access, one of the two banks to which the funds were transferred, still held the remaining N800,500.

 

Zenith Bank stated that Access Bank is now withholding the funds and that it is not their fault at this time. They said Access Bank stated that the funds would not be released without a court order.

Continue Reading

Home

Primate Ayodele Begins 17 Days Of Appreciation & Philanthropic Impacts, Visits Sick People

Published

on

The Leader Of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele has kicked-off a 17-day appreciation and philanthropic impact on Sunday, 29th Of January till Tuesday, 14th Of February, 2023.

Many of his church members had a first-hand experience of the prophet’s philanthropic impact yesterday, Sunday, which marked the beginning of the programme. A good number of youths in the church choir were empowered, surgery fee was paid for 25 people, accommodation fee was paid for 20 people and every member of the congregation were given food items.

 

Today, Monday, which is the second day, Primate Ayodele visited old and sick people in Lagos communities with money, food items, clothing materials, and many more. He also prayed with them and settled some of their needs.

 

The old people couldn’t hold their joy as they passionately hugged the prophet and showered prayers on him for his rare philanthropic act. The very jovial prophet was also seen cracking jokes and playing with some of them just to lighten up their moods.

Till February 14, Primate Ayodele will be visiting several places, institutions, organizations to show gratitude and impact people with cash gifts, prayers, words of encouragement, food items, to mention but a few.

 

This is not the first time Primate Ayodele will be engaging in such philanthropic acts; every 14th of February is a day dedicated for his annual thanksgiving and it has been his culture to engage in massive philanthropic acts on days preceding the D-day.

 

Every February 14 for Primate Ayodele is always the mother of all empowerment. In recent years, the man of God has given out cars, tricycles, thousands of GCE/JAMB forms, scholarships, accommodation fees, school fees, sewing machines, beds, food items, among a host of many others.

Continue Reading

Trending News