Residents of Lagos East Senatorial District have alleged that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has perfected plan to buy a vote with N5, 000 in the senatorial bye-election scheduled to hold tomorrow.
The residents, thus, asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Nigeria Police and other security agencies to be at alert, warning that they would resist any plot to undermine the process.
In separate statements on Thursday, the residents alleged that their findings showed that the PDP and its senatorial candidate for Lagos East bye-election, Mr. Babatunde Gbadamosi had set machinery to spend huge amount of money to buy votes and cause confusion.
Specifically, Mr. Mansur Akoni alleged that he was aware of the PDP’s plan to buy a vote with N5, 000 to win the bye-election at all cost, which according to him, would be resisted and frustrated.
Akoni, an Ikorodu resident, warned against any attempt by the main opposition party “to buy votes on the day of the bye-election. We are waiting for them. We will resist any plot to manipulate the outcome of the bye-election.”
He, therefore, asked the Nigeria Police to investigate allegation that the PDP was allegedly planning to pay each eligible voter N5, 000 to gain advantage in the Lagos East bye-election already rescheduled for tomorrow.
In his own statement, an Epe resident, Mr. Olatunde Giwa alleged that most agents of the PDP had been harassing peace-loving people, which he argued, could lead to violence and hijacking of ballot boxes on the day of the bye-election.
Giwa, also, alleged that the PDP agents “have been wooing unsuspecting voters, even going as far as collecting their permanent voters cards (PVCs) with a promise to give each of them N5, 000.
“The INEC should take necessary measures to frustrate their plot. The security operatives should be at alert to protect the decision of the people. On our part, we are ready to resist all agents of electoral malpractices. We are peaceful people, but will not allow anti-democratic forces to steal the mandate of the people,” he said.
SIFAX Boss, Taiwo Afolabi’s Twin Brother Dies
Sifax and Marriot Hotel boss , Dr. Taiwo Afolabi is not a happy man at the moment. He has just lost his twin brother Kenny Afolabi to the cold hands of death.
Kenny, who was popularly known as Watari when he was alive we learnt died in his sleep. Though, many people around him beleive he was nursing an ailment that made him stop drinking some years back, but none could say what killed him eventually.
Taiwo Olayinka Afolabi is a Nigerian business magnate and lawyer. He is the founder and current C.E.O of SIFAX Group, a conglomerate that deals in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage, Hospitality, Financial Services and Oil and Gas, while Kenny Afolabi was known with his Hotel known as Ken Dallas that has its location somewhere in Ikotun, Lagos.The late Kenny pictured left above with his brother,Taiwo, was 60yrs old.
Charles Is Now King After Queen Elizabeth’s Death— Here’s Who’s Next In Line Of British Succession
When Queen Elizabeth II died Thursday afternoon, the crown was immediately passed on to her eldest son and heir, Charles, as part of the United Kingdom’s constitutional monarchy system.
Charles is now king, Buckingham Palace said in a statement announcing Elizabeth’s death, though a coronation—traditionally held at Westminster Abbey—will be planned later to officially crown the new king (Charles’ wife, Camilla, is now the queen consort, according to the palace).
First in line to the throne is now Charles’ eldest son Prince William, who regularly makes public appearances on behalf of the crown along with his wife Kate.
Second in line is William’s 9-year-old son Prince George, who is an elementary school student beginning to take part in more engagements with his parents, having made his debut at the Wimbledon finals this year, a royal tradition (after George, next in the line of succession are his two young siblings, Princess Charlotte, age 7, and Prince Louis, age 4.)
Prince William’s 37-year-old younger brother Prince Harry—Charles and Princess Diana’s second son—is now fifth in line after William’s children
Elizabeth died Thursday at Balmoral Castle, her privately-owned residence in Scotland, after Buckingham Palace announced earlier in the day that she had been placed under medical supervision by her doctors out of concern for her health. Senior members of the royal family, including William, Andrew and Elizabeth’s third son Edward and his wife Sophie were photographed arriving in Scotland to be with the queen. The news comes after 96-year-old Elizabeth suffered from health issues over the past year.
While the sovereign of the United Kingdom is the official head of state, they no longer play a political or executive role in the British government. Instead, kings and queens undertake constitutional and representational duties year-round with support from their immediate family, according to Buckingham Palace. Charles has stepped up to take over some of his mother’s royal duties over the past few years. Earlier this year, Elizabeth indicated she would like Charles’ second wife, Camilla, to become queen consort rather than princess consort—a move widely seen as Elizabeth’s
Business8 months ago
Fitch Affirms Ecobank Nigeria’s Stable Outlook
News1 year ago
PLEASE HELP SAVE LITTLE AISHA’S LIFE
Entertainment3 months ago
Meet Upcoming US based Naija Female Entrepreneur, ABIGAIL JOSEPH. Talks About Her Fashion and Lifestyle
News2 years ago
GTBank Out With 2020 Full Year Audited Results…Reports PBT of ₦238.1 Billion
News9 months ago
“Save Our Souls From Bandit Sponsors, Land Grabbers in Police Uniform”- Oreki Villagers To IGP
News8 months ago
SSANU Honours Kogi Politician, Abubakar Ibrahim
Politics1 year ago
The Truth About Bello’s “Presidency” | By Shadrach Emmanue
Sports1 year ago
Egbe rallies support for Pinnick