Connect with us

Published

on



The Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) has absolved its founder, Temitope Joshua, all allegations of rape, releasing a series of old videos to portray an accuser as dishonest and unstable.
Mr Joshua was accused by Bisola Johnson of molestation and rape of church members, including herself. Ms Johnson, an author, said Mr Joshua held her captive for about 14 years.

She made the claim on June 30 when she took part in a demonstration against Biodun Fatoyinbo of Commonwealth Zion Assembly (COZA) in Lagos. Mr Fatoyinbo had been accused of rape by Busola Dakolo, and forced to step down as leader of COZA on July 1.
“I was sexually molested by T.B. Joshua,” Ms Johnson said. “I was trapped in Synogague Church for 14 years.” She also alleged that children, ages eight, 11 and 14, were molested inside the church.
The video was widely circulated online, drawing outrage from Nigerians and prompting a response from the church.
The church said Ms Joshua has been unstable for so many years, and urged the public to disregard his claims because they lacked credibility.
‘Never again’
Ms Johnson’s latest allegations came as Mr Joshua was wrapping up a crusade in Nazareth. The programme, described as hugely successful, was attended by thousands from within and outside Israel, including Dele Momodu.
A series of videos released by the church showed how Ms Johnson had been accusing Mr Joshua of rape for more than a decade, and how she always returned after each allegation to ‘confess’ and recant.
“My name is Bisola. I have acted as an enemy of God rather than a friend. And today, I am coming back as a prodigal daughter, so that God will forgive me; so that the Man of God will forgive me and the church, Synagogue, will forgive me,” she said in a video. “I have been rebellious. When I left the SCOAN, nobody asked me to leave. I am asking God (kneels) to forgive me.”
In another video, Ms Johnson knelt down, sobbing and seemingly sorry about the controversies she had courted.
She blamed her rape accusations against Mr Joshua on migraines which she had suffered for so many years, and promised to get treatments for it.
“I will never come to this place in this form again,” she said to a gathering of church members.
Mr Joshua remarked that Ms Johnson’s habitual allegations and apologies had made it difficult to take her ‘confessions’ seriously, but she insisted that she would never accuse him of rape, molestation and other grievous abuses again.
‘Bewitched, hypnotised’
Ms Johnson, who wrote a book in 2015 that catalogued her allegations against Mr Joshua, admitted to PREMIUM TIMES that she was the one in the videos released by SCOAN, but said she was under supernatural influence each time.
“I was manipulated to do all the videos. I was under bewitchment. I was under hypnotism as T.B. Joshua is known to do,” Ms Johnson said

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Ex -Mays Honour colleague, Otunba Kunle Sonuga In Ijebu Igbo

Published

on

 

Ex Students of Mayflower School Ikenne, Ogun State on Saturday, 3rd, December, 2022, stormed the Kiigbo of Atikori Palace,oke-ife in Ijebu igbo where HRH Oba Ibitoye Solaja installed one of their own, Edward Olakunle Sonuga and his wife, Tolulope Marion as Otunba Folagboye and Yeye Otunba Folagboye Ijebu respectively.

 

Expectedly,the event was full of glitz and glamour as celebrities,friends and family came from far and near to felicitate with the Sonugas.

The US based businessman was all joy as he threw banters with many of his schoolmates whom he hadn’t seen in a long time.

Choice drinks and different types of food were served at the ceremony.

Special Guests of Honour at the epoch making event were Ogun Senator, Lekan Mustapha, Hon. Tokunbo Oshin and elder Wahab Agbatogun.

-Wole Alakija

Continue Reading

Home

Access Bank Begins Disbursement of N50bn Interest-free Loan

Published

on

 

Access Bank Plc will today commence the disbursement of the N50 billion interest-free loan and grant it set aside for micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSMEs) that were destroyed by hoodlums in the wake of the protest against police brutality in the country last week.

 

 

The Deputy Group Managing Director, Access Bank, Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, in a telephone interview with THISDAY, yesterday, said: “From tomorrow (Monday), we would start collecting application from customers. There is an interest-free loan as well as a grant also embedded in that.”

 

 

 

He stated that the loan would be targeted at customers of the financial institution across its MSME business, commercial banking customers as well as corporate banking customers affected by the looting and arson in some parts of the country last week.

 

According to him, the idea is to support working capital as well as access finance.

He explained: “It has a maximum tenor of 24 months for the access finance and 12 months for the working capital. The structure is flexible and it is to align with the customers’ cash flow. The term facility would have a moratorium period of six months and then we would structure the repayment following the customers’ own cash flow cycle. Both are interest-free.

 

 

 

“For the grant, we have broken it into two. Firstly is that for youth empowerment and community development. The youth empowerment is in two parts. We have a segment of the grant that is focused on supporting the tech industry and we have another that is focused on skill development, which is for those that are for tailors, barbers, mechanics, criteria.

 

“The idea is that our branches are all over the country, so whatever skill you have, go to any of our branches and you will get whatever support you require.”

 

The bank had explained in a notice to announce the fund that: “Now more than ever, we remain committed to our purpose of impacting lives positively. In light of the recent occurrences, we will be supporting Nigerian businesses with N50 billion interest-free loans and grants.”

 

 

 

The creative industry comprising the advertising, architecture, the arts and antiques market, crafts, design, designer fashion, film, interactive leisure software, music, performing arts, publishing, software, television, and radio can bridge the unemployment gap in Nigeria if commercial banks in the country are much more receptive to financing them, the Group Managing Director of Access Bank, Mr. Herbert Wigwe, had said.

 

However, if your business was affected by the recent vandalization and looting, First Bank is requesting you fill their survey form as you stand a chance of receiving financial assistance. Fill form here.

 

Continue Reading

Trending News